Garden Nursery Sales Associates (includes general labour duties)
Seasonal Full Time & Seasonal Part Time Positions Available (15.0-37.5 hrs./week)
About the Job:
Our Sales Associates provide our guests with a high level of customer service and the successful candidates will be friendly, outgoing, organized and have existing plant knowledge and/or a willingness to learn. The positions involve repetitive work which will include sales, stocking, merchandising, and overall assistance with nursery production and display bed care. You must be able to work in a fast paced and physically demanding outdoor environment often in inclement weather conditions.
- Greets guests as they enter the nursery and ensures that their experience at our nursery is positive and memorable.
- Participates with the nursery team in achieving all aspects of service, nursery readiness, and nursery cleanliness.
- Maintains and accurately completes appropriate paperwork regarding invoices, orders, plantings and deliveries.
- Strives to promote the best interests of Hosta Choice Gardens consistently in all aspects of the business.
- Assists in other areas as assigned.
- Familiarity and knowledge of gardening.
- Friendly, outgoing personality with an enthusiasm for sales and providing excellent customer service, ensuring that all guests are cared for equally and in accordance with Hosta Choice Gardens standards.
- Experience in retailing is an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handling multiple demands.
- Highly flexible with good interpersonal skills. Works well with others in a team environment.
- Candidates are required to work weekdays, evenings and weekends as scheduled.
Physical demands of the job:
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Standing for the majority of the shift with bending and squatting at various times required.
- Must be in good physical condition and enjoy work in outdoor conditions.
- Requires your own transportation arrangements.
- Pay Type- Hourly ($15.90/hr.)
- Employment- May 1st to August 28th (we are flexible on starting dates/hours).
ABSOLUTELY NO RESUMES ACCEPTED IN PERSON
Email only (no phone calls) to: email@example.com
- Initial interview process is remote which may be followed by an in-person second interview.
- Personal protective equipment provided.
- Social distancing guidelines in place.
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an initial telephone interview will be contacted.